Bear watching from Sweden's most southern hide
Experience encounters with wild brown bears, only 2 hours from Arlanda. In this forest stands a custom-created forest hut where both bears and other animals have been seen on many occasions.
We gather in Wild Nordic's gallery in the afternoon. A filling sandwich is served and we go through all practical information. After a short walk through the woods, the guide will escort you to the hiding place so that you can start preparing for the bear watching on your own.
The hide is located in a pine forest where a bear can appear at any time. You are safe and secure in the hiding place. The bears are very shy and any small sound can make them run away.
In addition to bear, large woodpecker, grey-headed woodpecker and jay often appear. Sometimes even buzzard or goshawk. A fox may sneak past and the black woodpecker sometimes sits in the pines around the hideout. Great tit, blue tit, nuthatch, treecreeper, chaffinch, brambling, robin and willow tit are also continuous guests.
The hideout has 9 windows/photo windows and large bunk beds with pillows and blankets as well as a simple toilet.
In the morning, at 08, you are picked up by the guide and breakfast buffet is served in the gallery. Maybe you have been awake all night and need to rest before returning home. If so, you are welcome to use one of our guest rooms.
The hide has space for 6 persons.
Season: May 1-September 10. All days of the week except Mondays.
Children of all ages are welcome in the company of an adult. Feel free to ask about our family offers.
The price includes:
- Filling sandwich and tea/coffee on arrival
- Transport to and from the hideout
- One night in the hide
- Breakfast buffet
- Access to guest room with beds
- Food and drink for the time in the hideout (approx. 5pm-8am)
Good to know:
- Do not bring noisy packaging (e g. crisp bags). Re-pack the content in food boxes/plastic jars instead.
- Do not use strong perfumes/detergents or other strong scents. Preferably come "neutral".
- You have to stay in the hide the whole time and smoking is not allowed.
- The bears usually stay 20-30 meters from the hide (but sometimes as close as 6-7 meters). For shooting, a 100-500 mm lens is suitable. Of course, it is also possible to use simpler cameras with shorter focal length, as you shoot directly through the windows.
- There are "bean bags" for the cameras in the hide and smart tripod head solutions. Own tripod /tripod head does not work.
- In recent seasons, bears have been observed at around 75% of the sessions.
- The hideout has 9 photo windows on 3 of the 4 walls.
- There are 2 beds, 140x200 cm (two people fit in one bed). Blankets and pillows are available, you do not need to bring sleeping bags or similar. The hide has warm slippers of various sizes and the floor has an insulating mat and rag rugs on top.
- There are 4 nice and bright binoculars in the hide.
- Species (except bear) that appear :
Almost always: Jay, squirrel, finch, large woodpecker
Often: Fox, willow tit
Occasionally: Grey-headed woodpecker, badger, black woodpecker, brambling, buzzard, goshawk, sparrowhawk, raven, great tit, crow, magpie, crossbill, vole, wolverine, white-tailed eagle
Rarely: Golden eagle, deer, moose, pine marten
Bra att veta
Show 97 more occasions...
- Contact person email: [email protected]
- Address: Kungsbergsvägen 60, 811 95 Järbo